Sunday, February 23, 2014

Our Backyard

You can see plants (herbs, shrubs, trees) everywhere inside our compound. It is like a park. A variety of fruit trees are scattered encircling the big house. The following are the tall trees I can name: 
  1. Rambutan
  2. Santol (Wild Mangosteen)
  3. Lanzones
  4. Mangga (Mango)
  5. Saging (Banana)
  6. Avocado
  7. Bayabas (Guava)
  8. Langka (Jackfruit)
  9. Suha (Pomelo)
  10. Guyabano (Soursop)
  11. Kamias (Averrhoa bilimbi)
  12. Kamatsili (Monkeypod)

We also have bell peppers, siling labuyo (bird's eye chillies), basil and oregano which are essentials in cooking Filipino dishes. Some vegetables are also planted on garden beds which I and my uncle grow and tend. It is very peaceful here in our backyard, there are many birds, butterflies and dragonflies flying and playing on the trees and the fresh air could make me sleep easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments. I will reciprocate once I get back.